Dutch epic death/black metallers BLEEDING GODS will release their upcoming concept album Dodekathlon on January 12th, 2018 via Nuclear Blast. Today, Mark Huisman (vocals) unveils more info on the inspiration of their music and how to compare Dodekathlon to its precursor Shepherd Of Souls. Also, he speaks about the writing as well as the recording process of the new album.
Pre-order your physical copy of Dodekathlon, here: http://nblast.de/BleedingGodsDodeNB
Dodekathlon - track listing:
01. Bloodguilt (Nemean Lion)
02. Multiple Decapitation (Lernaean Hydra)
03. Beloved by Artemis (Ceryneian Hind)
04. From Feast To Beast (Erymanthian Boar)
05. Inhuman Humiliation (Augean Stables)
06. Birds Of Hate (Stymphalian Birds)
07. Saviour Of Crete (Cretan Bull)
08. Tyrannical Blood (Mares Of Diomedes)
09. Seeds Of Distrust (Belt Of Hippolyta)
10. Tripled Anger (Cattle Of Geryon)
11. Hera’s Orchard (Apples Of The Hesperides)
12. Hound Of Hell (Cerberus)
The album was recorded at Pitch Note Productions and Hal 5 Studio; mixed and mastered at Soundlodge Studio. The cover artwork (see below) was created by Dimitris Tzortzis from Immensa Artis.
The band was founded in 2012 when guitarist Ramon Ploeg started to write an album after he had left the Dutch death metal band HOUWITSER. In 2013, BLEEDING GODS recorded their 4-track promo entitled Blood Symphony. The lyrical theme was about ancient gods and history like the Mayans, ancient Egypt and Greek gods. In 2014, BLEEDING GODS signed for their debut album Shepherd Of Souls with Punishment 18 Records and got worldwide awesome reviews, even today!